Search

Tuesday 27 November 2012

A bit of an update..... Wedding in Vegas/Philippines

Alongside the diving of the last two years or so, I also got married. After being proposed to in Mongolia, described in an earlier blog, it didn't take us long to decide where to get married. The Philippines was an easy choice. And staging it at Atmosphere was also obvious. After many months of planning, we had it all sorted. To make things easier for me, I hired a wedding planner recommended by one of my friends..... Not something I ever thought I would but money very well spent. With a week until the big day, 25th May 2011, an unfortunate event occurred. Unexpectedly, especially after having planned it so thoroughly, we were told we were not allowed to get married in Dauin. Now there are many marriages happening in the Philippines all the time, but because neither of us were resident and we had decided to do it in some sleepy backwater village, the relevant authorities didn't know what to do so did the only thing they know how and said no. Even though we had spent a long time talking to them prior to a week before the wedding, they had a sudden change of heart. So we did what we knew best, flew to Las Vegas for 22 hours total and did the deed at the Graceland Chapel. It was an epic adventure and one we will enjoy telling our grand kids. Yes, Elvis was there, and yes we happily gambled the rest of the time away.
Vegas baby yeah

Within three days of our return, family and friends were arriving for our "wedding". It was a brilliant week of fun and friends, and one of the best of my life. And now I have a beautiful husband whom I love dearly. Yippee!

Celebrating!

No comments: