Search

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Quiet day on the way to Moscow

I made a very selfish decision last night and moved the fan in the hostel room right next to my bed... hehehehehehehehehe! So was sprayed with air all night, ahhhhhh. Finally got a good nights sleep without waking with wet hair and drenched pjamas... yippee!

Ate instant noodles for tea last night after the huge quantity of pies I consumed during the day. To be honest Ian and I were so tired after all the walking we couldn't face going out again. Ian actually didn't eat anything and went straight to bed. Poor little mite. He's not coping very well being away from home.


So this morning I went shopping and got some more noodles, and some little wafer biscuit things - they seem to have them for breakfast. They remind me of the pink wafer things we used to have as kids 20 years ago.....

So this is the best thing ever.... after days and days and days of leaking water from my pores, at 1pm I walked into the train station to get my train to Moscow and low and behold, the newest and most beautiful train I have ever seen was waiting for me on platform 4. Very excited, I waited until the nicely dressed (face like a slapped arse) Russian lady checked my passport and let me on board. It was COLD. Like jumper wearing cold. I have never and surely will never again experience such joy at the cold.

Now I am in Moscow, after this and last nights almost-sweat free sleep, I am sweating again and seem to have reached an all time high. Sweat is forming on my lip and running down my back, as I write this. I don't have a moustache (or back hair) so why is this a problem? For the love of God, please let me stop sweating.

My sweating is probably not helped by the fact I went out for dinner (on my own) and ate Russia's version of chilli... in an American Diner setting. Odd but good. When I left the hostel there was no one in the 4 bed room, now there are 3 Brazilian men. I bet one of them snores.... bastards.

First impressions of Moscow - I don't like it like St Petersburg, sorry Mike. Very big and everything is in Cyrillic - I walked around the Metro for a long time, swearing (and sweating). The Metros are very grand and beautiful, but more people use it than the NY and London undergrounds put together each day and you notice it too.

Right need to shower.

6 comments:

The old Trout said...

Just think of the lbs you are loosing Em and be careful of Ian, does he sweat too?

Katie said...

ah pink wafer biscuits - i remember the bland taste well. Whatever happened to those - they seem to have disappeared into a 1980s dream like times when you enjoyed Comic Relief and the novelty of viennetta.... Maybe you should start licking a salt block to replace essential stuff lost through sweating?

Unknown said...

I'm sweating just reading this, so I feel for your moisty problem.
Plus, is Viennetta not cool anymore? Who says?!

Karen and Steve said...

You do have a little bit of back hair, but you hardly notice it in low light conditions. There is a lot of sweating going on though isn't there?

Karen and Steve said...

Hmmm, looks like Mum and Dad have stayed logged in on my computer... that last message must look a bit weird.

Emma said...

yes, a comment like that from your parents is a bit weird :) I agree Pete, Viennetta forever.